Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hutch the Mouser

A few days ago I was sitting in the living room and heard some noise in the kitchen. I turned around and saw Hutch standing on his hind legs in the pantry. We keep rawhides in there for the dogs and I thought that's what he was after. But he was on the opposite side of the pantry from the bones so I went to see what he was so interested in.

Here's what he was so interested in: At first I thought it was a lizard b/c I just saw a tail but then I realized we had a mouse!
Hutch was determined to catch him! And he did!!! I pulled a chair over (for me to kneel on while I moved some stuff out of the pantry). I pulled things out one by one and Hutch stood there the whole time ready to pounce on the mouse. After I moved 4 items out of the way, the mouse made his escape but didn't even make it out of the pantry. Hutch grabbed him unbelievably fast. I ran to the door, opened it, and told him to go out. Thankfully he took the mouse outside with him. The 3 dogs all took turns prancing around with it outside. Hutch was very proud of himself. I'm proud of him too!!!
He caught that mouse on Friday and today he caught another one! We got home after being away for a few days and Hutch was staring down the refridgerator. Jason moved the fridge out of the corner and out darted a mouse. Hutch grabbed it in an instant! Jason opend the door and Hutch took the mouse out. We are very proud of our mouser! We had no idea a dog could be fast enough to catch a mouse.

No comments: