Friday, February 22, 2008

Birthday in Colonial Williamsburg!

Wednesday, February 20th was my (Emily's) 28th Birthday and fortunately Jason had the day off! We went to Colonial Williamsburg for the day. We both decided that we're probably the only couple in their twenties who have annual passes to Colonial Williamsburg rather than Busch Gardens Williamsburg! We really enjoy going up there and it's only an hour from our house. This time we got to see some things we hadn't seen before like the wheelwright, the cooper, the saddle shop, and a great tour of the Peyton Randolph house. We had lunch at Shields Tavern. I wish I had pictures to show but I forgot the phone in the car...oops!

Afterwards, we stopped at a local yarn store, The Knitting Sisters, so I could buy some new knitting needles for a sweater I want to make. Mom and Dad gave me the yarn and the pattern for my birthday. You can see it at www.stitchdiva.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=SDS-031. I also found a beautiful sweater pin there. Jason was very patient while I shopped around a little. Thank you, sweetie! :-)

The cool sweater pin I found.

Next stop was Joe's Crab Shack for dinner but it's right next door to Bass Pro Shops and I couldn't let Jason pass it up after he had been so good to wait for me at the yarn store. Fortunately for me, he didn't spend too much time there :-)

We had a great dinner at Joe's. I had steamed snow crab legs and Jason had a mixture of snow crab legs, dungeness crab, and shrimp. For dessert we picked up some "birthday cake remix" from Coldstone Creamery. It was delicious, as usual!

We got home by 7, just in time to see UNC play NC State. It was a good game! UNC won 84-70.

No comments: